Heating System Installation & Furnace Repair for the Bloomington MN Area
Bloomington Heating and Air has the products and services you need for furnace repair in the Bloomington, MN area. We provide 24-hour emergency heating services, because we know that furnace breakdowns happen at the worst possible time and it can be dangerous to be left without heating during a cold, Minnesota winter. When we arrive at your home or business to restore the heat, you can be assured that your system is in good hands because we provide services for all makes and models. The best way to boost your heater’s efficiency and avoid future breakdowns is to schedule professional maintenance with Bloomington Heating and Air. Contact us today for heating services!
Troubleshooting Furnace Issues
Here are a few common issues that indicate it is time to give us a call at (952) 236-4219.
- Soot Deposits
- Soot builds up when the combustion of the furnace is incomplete. This indicates that the burners need to be modified or even that your heat exchanger is cracked. Unless you have extensive knowledge of furnace components, you can do more harm than good trying to troubleshoot this one on your own. It is usually best to call us.
- Short Cycling
- Short Cycling is when your furnace only runs for a short amount of time (think a couple of minutes) and then stops. This is a particularly inefficient way to heat your home and can end up costing you on your gas bill. Short cycling is caused by a broken thermostat or heat exchanger issues. We can pinpoint and fix the exact issue.
- Irregular Flame
- The rows of flame on your burner should be approximately the same height. If some are higher and some are lower, your burners probably need to be cleaned or your heat exchanger may be cracked. Many homeowners attempt to clean their burners themselves, but be very careful if you go this route. Bending, breaking, or removing burners can cause gas buildup which can lead to a fire. Unless you have extensive knowledge and experience, it is safer to give us a call.
It’s smart to schedule regular heating system tune-ups so your furnace runs as smoothly and efficiently as possible, such as:
- Inspecting the pilot to ensure smooth ignition and checking for flue obstructions.
- Examining heat exchangers and belts for cracks and wear.
- Assessing thermostat calibration and tightening all electrical connections.
- Testing voltage and current on motors.
- Lubricating all moving parts, evaluating safety controls, and more.
When to Replace Your Furnace
Before your furnace repairs start costing you too much and your furnace becomes unsafe, check for the following warning signs that your furnace needs replaced:
- If your furnace is older than 15 years, you may need a replacement. The good news is that modern models are much more efficient and not only save you from the cost of frequent repairs, but also on your monthly heating bill.
- A furnace will need the most repairs during the last couple years of its life. If you’ve noticed you are needing repairs and parts replaced more frequently, your furnace may be near the end of its life.
- A noisy furnace that bangs, rattles, squeals, or pops can also be a sign that your furnace is nearing the end.
Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer
Bloomington Heating and Air is a leader in residential and commercial HVAC & furnace replacement in Minnesota. When you upgrade your heating system, you should also take advantage of our full-home weatherization services to ensure your home is properly insulated to maximize energy efficiency and comfort. We are a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer, so we provide the best services and highest quality products, due to the rigorous training we’ve completed. A new heating system can make all the difference in your home’s comfort and indoor air quality. Find out why Bloomington residents trust us and contact us today for furnace installation!
NATE Certified Technicians
To ensure that your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system receives superior service and installation, ask your dealer about their technicians who have received NATE certification. NATE-certified technicians have gone above and beyond in their field to pass a technical assessment which results in this special distinction. When searching for a heating and cooling company, be sure to inquire about whether or not they employ NATE-certified technician and ask that one is sent to your home or business on the day of your appointment. Receiving service from a NATE-certified technician, you may expect:
- Reduced utility expenses as a result of proper installation and maintenance of your equipment
- Fewer callbacks and warranty returns
- Reliable, and competent service
- Proper installation resulting in fewer problems
- Equipment operating at top performance
- Knowledgeable insight and advice to help you find the ideal HVAC solution for your space
- Less worry and peace of mind knowing the job was done right
- Whether you are having a new system installed, or are in need of simple maintenance, calling a NATE-certified technician is your best bet for receiving the best available service. When you schedule an appointment with your dealer, be sure that a NATE tech will be fulfilling your service request.